At Ivor Parnham Building Services Ltd we take Health and Safety very seriously and are proud of our attitude, commitment and proven safety track record. For all our work we operate under the following guide lines:
• Plan, manage and monitor our work so that health and safety risks are controlled.
• Set lead times to allow for planning and preparation of jobs.
• Prevent site access – ensure that steps are taken to prevent access by unauthorised persons to the site.
• Arrange welfare facilities – ensure adequate welfare facilities are in place for our workforce.
• Protect the public – ensure that our work does not put the public at risk.
We also ensure that all our members of staff receive training on health and safety to assist them in undertaking their tasks safely and efficiently.
External courses on specific subjects may be utilised along with internal training. Our workforce undergoes specific induction training prior to any new works starting, in order to address the health and safety hazards associated with that particular project.
• Site induction – provided by another or ourselves.
• Risk and precautions – information on risks identified in assessments, and the necessary precautions.
• Site rules.
• Emergency procedures.
We ensure close co -operation among everyone involved in a project to help prevent injury and ill-health and we work closely with the client or owner to meet our responsibilities for site safety. Our team hold a “NEBOSH” National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety which is a globally recognised qualification. This gives managers and supervisors a broad understanding of health and safety issues and helps to manage risks effectively
Our team members are trained in:
• Confined space working.
• Powered Access.
• Working at Heights.
• Erection and use of mobile scaffold towers. (PASMA)
• Concrete repair.
• CSCS General Operative.
• First Aid (at least one/2 man team)
• Manual Handling.
We diligently check the competence of all our appointees and trade contractors and ensure that they are adequately resourced to fulfil their health and safety obligations in terms of health and law. Each contractor is required to complete a Vetting Questionnaire which is evaluated and rated in order to gauge the contractor’s commitment to health and safety and adherence to recognised standards of competence.
The Health and Safety People Ltd have been retained as the company’s safety, health and environmental advisers. They are a consultancy with over 20 years’ experience and a reputation for excellence, offering a full range of safety, environmental and employment law services and training tailored to suit any business needs.